As re/insurers continue to navigate new forms of volatility, Aon’s Reinsurance Analytics Seminar in September 2022 explored different risk perspectives and how to shape effective insurance and reinsurance decisions for the better.
Experts shared insights across a number of sessions focussed on climate-related risk; net zero underwriting; and inflation trends and outlook.
The Importance of a Robust View of Risk – Now and into the Future
Presented by: Dr Tom Mortlock, Senior Catastrophe Research Analyst, Reinsurance Solutions, Aon, and Adjunct Fellow, Climate Change Research Centre, UNSW Science
- An exploration of different and blended views of flood risk in 2022
- The impact of climate change impact on pricing
- Net zero underwriting – GHG accounting meets insurance
Summer Season Weather Outlook
Presented by: Ashleigh Lange, Head Communications Meteorologist Weatherzone and Ian Long, Senior Catastrophe Analyst, Aon
- Climate drivers: La Nina/El Nino, negative IOD, Southern Annular Mode and effects on Australia’s weather
- Weather outlooks: strong wind events; temperature and extreme temperature forecasts; bushfire risk; rainfall, heavy rainfall and flooding forecast and risk; thunderstorm forecast; cyclones
- Seasonal outlook: ICA loss list with ENSO cycle
Presented by: Professor Ian Harper AO, Melbourne Business School
- Drivers of current inflation and the short and long-term outlook
- Economic impacts of Australia’s decisions during the pandemic
For more insights on the content shared at the Reinsurance Analytics Seminar 2022, please click below to access the session presentations. You can also view Professor Ian Harper’s Inflation Outlook session in the video below.
Access Seminar Presentations