- The D&O insurance market continues to harden for listed companies; however, it remains stable, with modest premium increases, for non-listed organisations.
- The securities class action environment remains active and, as a result, we may see an increase in the average settlements.
- Unless substantial premium re-alignment can be secured, local insurers appetite for mid-large listed companies purchasing Side C cover remains limited; this is where the London market is playing a stronger role.
- Some insureds are exploring the economics of bearing increased retention of securities class actions risks in an attempt to mitigate premium increases.
- There is ongoing volatility ahead for listed companies; and non-listed companies should expect a stable market with modest increases in the short-medium term.
Download the update to learn more.
© 2019 Aon Risk Services Australia Limited | ABN 17 000 434 720 | AFSL 241141 (Aon) Download
The information contained in this communication is general in nature and should not be relied on as advice (personal or otherwise) because your personal needs, objectives and financial situation have not been considered. Before deciding whether a particular product is right for you, please consider your personal circumstances, as well as the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (if applicable) and full policy terms and conditions available from Aon on request. All representations in this document in relation to the insurance products we arrange are subject to the full terms and conditions of the relevant policy. Please contact us if you have any queries.