How insurance capital can facilitate M&A transactions in a challenged market
COVID-19 has already had an impact on M&A activity with deal levels falling significantly across the Asia Pacific region and globally. As the economic impact bites and affected organisations enter into insolvency/administration processes or seek investment to shore up their businesses, we expect to see an increase in transactional activity as investors look to acquire distressed assets or provide funding to help companies navigate through the current climate.
Insurance capital can provide a critical tool to de-risk and facilitate deals in these uncertain times.
In this webinar our Asia Pacific M&A and Transaction Solutions leaders discuss the benefits of transaction liability insurance products in the current environment, exploring:
- How transactional insurance can facilitate transactions in the current market, including W&I, tax, IP, cyber and litigation insurance
- How to structure transactional insurance in a distressed or insolvency context
- Structuring alternatives such as nil seller recourse transactions and synthetic warranty solutions
- Current market conditions, including Aon insights on pricing, retention and other coverage metrics
- The impact of COVID-19 on the market and process
- How to run a transactional liability insurance process with optimal impact